Archive of February 2009
I believe it’s called exculpatory evidence. I love Damages.
— Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl, Season 2 Episode 17, Carnal Knowledge. According to Wikipedia, exculpatory evidence is the evidence favorable to the defendant in a criminal trial, which clears or tends to clear the defendant of guilt. According to me, this was awesome.
Daniel Plainview signing what I assume is his payment for found gold, before he strikes oil. There Will Be Blood.13 February 2009 - 09:23
I can already feel people’s stress starting to melt. I think they’re very excited about paying their respects this way. I have got to make sure that YouTube comes down to tape this.
— Michael Scott - The Office - S05E13 - Stress Relief
- Veronica Mars
- Lily Allen
- Blair Waldorf (although is she too vulnerable to be truly sassy?)
Sassy is the new pink. Hmm… is “Pink” herself sassy, or just angry?5 February 2009 - 04:38 | Tags: sassy
I found time to catch up on Gossip Girl and really enjoyed the most recent episode. I have not read the official-un-official recap yet, but let’s list my highlights and see how close I get.
- death by Dorota
- “it’s the event of the season” (this phrase must be uttered every 1.75 GG episodes minimum)
- “refresh, refresh, refresh!” as Blair is waiting for her Yale acceptance.
- “Jack is blood. He thinks too much like me” as Chuck complains that his attempts to frame his uncle are unsuccessful (underage hookers, planting coke in his gym bag, two transexuals)
- “Dan Humphrey!?! He’s like a cafeteria lady who won the lottery. You couldn’t pry that acceptance from his hands with the jaws of life” - Blair lets it be known.
- “Witch hunts are my valium” - more Blair
- “2nd semester seniors get a free pass, like pregnant ladies and 14 year-old chinese gymnasts” - Blair explaining the rules to the new hot teacher.
- “Cancel the Nelly Yuki project, now!”
- When gay Eric teaches Rufus “opera for dummies”
- The way the witches (Blair, Penelope, etc) cackle after setting up the teacher
- Chuck Bass, extremely famous underage heir to the Bass fortune, being served alcohol at the opera.
- “Maybe we can get a headstart on your veganism?” - Blair to Serena after Serena says she is going to Brown.
- Rufus and Lilly planning to hit the Newport Creamery.
But, it is all topped by:
Dorota: Uh oh, is it war?
Blair: Yes, but this one will be different. I need to wait for my moment and then i’m going black ops. off the radar, no accountability. This war I’m gonna win.
Meanwhile, I predict the recap will make a big deal about Serena’s appearance (I thought she looked better than usual this episode).1 February 2009 - 08:56 | Tags: tv, gossipgirl